BLACK PEPPER PRAWNS
- Groundnut or vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 2cm (¼ in) piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 20 large raw prawns, unpeeled
- 2 Tbspn Black Kampot Pepper
- 1 handful fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced into strips
- 2 Tbspn oyster sauce
- 2 Tbspn soy sauce
- 2 Tbspn fish sauce
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1lime, juiced, to serve
Get a wok nice and hot over a very high heat and add some oil.
Add the ginger and garlic, and cook, stirring continuously, until the garlic just begins to colour.
Add the prawns, peppercorns and kaffir lime leaves and stir well to combine.
When the prawns begin to change colour, stir in the oyster, soy and fish sauces and cook until the prawns have turned pink completely.
Stir in the tomato and coriander leaves.
Taste, and add a little more fish sauce if necessary. Serve with a good squeeze of lime juice.